Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Best friend dating dilemma?

I have 2 best friends, a guy and a girl. The guy and I dated awhile back and I still love him but I'm not ready for a relationship that's long distance right now, even though I have considered it. I recently found out that despite the fact that he loves me, he has considered dating my other best friend and she has also considered dating him! I feel that there are certain lines that should not be crossed when it comes to dating exs and best friends and I was really upset when I found that out. She says I shouldn't be mad because I dated other people when I had the chance to get back with him (even though we were still far apart). However, he and I had the understanding that we were more than friends and would do just about anything for each other. I don't think that she should even consider dating and vice versa. Am I in the wrong for being mad at the two of them wanting to date knowing how much I still care about him and how much he cares about me? I'm not quite sure what to do



Best friend dating dilemma?deleted myspace





No...I agree that friends shouldn't date other friends. You have to talk to her and tell her that it bothers you.



Best friend dating dilemma?myspace names myspace.com



YES THEY R
yesss they defentily are!
If she was a true friend she wouldn't have even considered it. But he also is interested in her so that isn't saying too much about him either. I say just move on and find yourself a new interest and a new friend.
I don't think you should worry much about it. Long distance relationships NEVER work out. I've tried it. They don't last very long either. Honestly, I think you should both stop seeing him, if its really long distance like U.S. and Europe, its a good way to get raped.
I would suggest letting it go simply because if they want to date each other there's nothing you can do to stop them. And to prevent losing them both as friends its best to just let them go out and have their fun but if they didn't work out then you can have your time agian with your guy best friend.
In all honesty, my girlfriends and I used to encourage eachother to date eachothers ex's when "we were done." It helped us move on. But it was off limits if we were in love or still toying around. There is a line to be crossed.



But...if you are doubting if you want to be with him... then really go with your intuition. And if your two friends can be happy... why not? There should never be an off limits forever, it's unrealistic.



I wouldn't make a stand to her unless you really want to continue to date the guy. If you have no interest in getting serious you have to face the fact that someone else may be...
I feel that you should let your male and female best friend date. If it were meant to be he'll date your best friend, see what he's missing and come back to you. You just have to sit back and let him get the dating your best female friend out his system (don't include yourself in any other relationships because you might make the situation worse). If he really loves you then he'll come back to you.



PS: Don't interfer and try to cut the relationship short so he can come back to you. You just have to be patience. Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
education loans