Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christians and Dating...?

What are your views on dating? Please share your views?



1. Do you have to date someone to really get to know them?



2. Wouldn't it be wiser to get to know them and decide if they are really a potential mate before you date?



3. Dating vs. Courting...what's the difference?



4. Do you date to find a mate or just to be with someone?



5. What is appropriate behavior for Christians who are dating?



6. Christians who are married, did you date your mate first? If so, how long and when did you know they were "the one"?



Christians and Dating...?plain myspace





1) Yes.



2) How are you going to know if they are a potential mate without dating them?



3) Courting starts after dating, and is more focused on building a relationship. Dating is a pretty casual thing: going out and seeing if u get along, if your personalities mesh, do you "fit" with each other. Courting is when you've decided you do fit together and you're trying to decide is this the person I want to spend my life with. It's nearly a dead thing anymore too.



4) I think you should date to try to find your mate, but a lot of people date just to do it. It's up to you and what you believe and feel comfortable with.



5) What does your own conscience tell you is appropriate? What's appropriate for one Christian may not be appropriate for others. Fornication's out, the Bible makes that clear. But I've known people who didn't believe in holding hands, or kissing, or any physical contact of any kind, etc. I reject this notion (mainly because I love kissing and holding hands).



6) N/A



Christians and Dating...?maps myspace.com myspace.com



1. No, you can be friends with someone and get to know them too.



2. Not necessarily. If you normally don't travel with this person as friends, dating is a great way to find out about each other.



3. Dating means you are both testing the waters; courting means the man is attempting to get the woman to be his wife.



4. Both, I think.



5. Modest behavior, as in all things.



6. Yes, we dated for awhile, but we knew from about the 2nd date that we should be together.
I dated my husband for 4 years before we were married. We are also high school sweet hearts.



I think that you need to find someone who you would do anything for, but they love you so much in return, that you don't have to.



Keep dating.



I have been married 12 years, and we still are dating.



Respect.
I was 15 when I met my husband. It was love at first sight and we have been inseperable ever since. We are married with three children, 16 years later. I knew he was the one instantly, I felt a chemical reaction and bonded at that moment. It was like lightening. It has not been easy, both of our parents discouraged us because we were young when we met, but we knew we were meant for each other. His mom still doesn't like me. I have to admit, I will be happy if my children don't marry until after college but I will support any decision they make. We would have had a much easier time if our parents had respected our decision and supported us in learning about marriage.
First... one of The Faith dose not date one who is not of The Faith.... beyond that, dating is getting to know someone.... for those of The True Christian Faith there is no sampling the merchandise first... but it is necessary to come to know, and have an understanding with, some one quite well before commencing the "courting" phase and making any decisions on "the Future"... when you know... you know... no two relationships are the same.
1. yes



2. dating and "getting to know" are the same thing...dating can be sitting in your parents living room together talking, "getting to know can be going out to dinner and a movie.



3. Dating is doing things together....courting is doing this together with the anticipation of marriage.



4. each person (let's not forget Christians are people first) has a different motivation.



5. each person determines "appropriate behavior" for themselves.



6. yes, couple years...won't ever "know" ( to be aware of the truth or factuality of )...but I'm hopeful everyday.
1. Courting is better..."I kissed dating good-bye" book by Joshua Harris



2. refer to # 1.



3. Dating you don't protect your heart, courting, you are able to keep your eyes open.



4. I don't date, I court.



5. As stated, I do not date.



6. I courted, I asked God in prayer and then got to know if this was the man for me, we got to know each other with our parents around or in groups of people being around and in ministry.
I am currently reading this book "I Kiss Dating Goodbye" by Joshua Harris. You should get a copy it is very, I must say, very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
education loans