Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Friendship after dating?

I was dating someone earlier this year. Last month I broke up with him. He works every day, and rarely returned my calls. I just got fed up. I thought that there was no point in us dating if we weren't going to see each other at all and I was tired of being miserable and lonely.



When we broke up, we agreed to be friends. After all, we really did care about each other.



Right now, I am at a point in my life where I really need to focus on myself and what I want. I'm 25 now and don't really know at this point what I want to do with the rest of my life. I said to him several times that I do not want to date anybody seriously right now, not until I get my act together. After the year that I have had, the last thing I need to do is get attached to anybody. It's not that I am afraid of getting hurt, I just want to get my act together and have a better idea of where I am going in life before i drag someone else into the picture.



To me, sex is a special thing. I can't just do it with anybody (in fact, he is the only one I ever did do it with-and he knows that).



So anyways, we made plans to hang out tonight. I thought I made it pretty clear that I only want friendship right now. Right from the first minute, he made me so uncomfortable. He kept going on and on about how much he missed me, how much he wanted to satisfy my needs. he drove out to a park where we used to go to fool around. He was very touchy feely, doing things like stroking my hair, kissing my hand, etc. I told him he was making me uncomfortable. He just continued to talk about how awesome I am, and how lonely he is. He suggested that we casually date each other, nothing serious, and then he asked for a kiss. And while I did hesitate at first to do it, stupid me, I eventually took him up on it. I guess it was because I just wanted to see if there was still something there. After a few minutes of lip wrestling, I just pulled myself away. it didn't feel right. And then he put my seat down and was feeling me up. But I kept telling him I was uncomfortable. So he just cuddled me in the car for about 10 seconds before I told him I had to go.



And then on the drive home, he had the nerve to tell me he was frustrated. He said that he's lonely and can't help what he feels. I get that. Nobody can control how they feel. But what you can control is your actions. And then I told him I can't do the casual dating thing with him. Again, I had to give him the whole spiel about how I need to be my # 1 focus right now. He thinks I am just afraid of getting hurt. You know what? He's the one who popped my cherry, damnit. So obviously I was pretty attached to him when we were dating to let him be the first. So I can't casually date him without getting attached.



I get that he's lonely and he misses me and really cares about me. But I also feel really disrespected by him, like he was trying to put pressure on me. I'm just wondering if I should give the "just friends" thing another try.



Friendship after dating?myspace live





absolutely not



In my experience...



Once you've had sex you can no longer be 'just friends'.



It just can't work out, you can try and try but it'll always come back to that. Especially if he knows that he was your first.



Get your life the way you want it to be then maybe try calling him again if you wish to date. But by them I'm pretty sure there will be someone new.



Friendship after dating?coolest myspace myspace.com



why not?after all you both have something in the past,a foundation huh?maybe with that you both can realize that bieng friends can open sides of you that you've never known before.maybe a second chance can also be possible,why not?think about it.
For one, you talk too much. It is to soon to try and be friends.Give it a couple of months for things to cool down and then go and do something together.But, make it a day thing coffee or lunch etc.I have a hard time with you saying he works everyday, since when is that a bad thing?You also say how you think sex is special but then you refer to it as he popped your cherry!You don't need to focus on yourself more it seems you need to focus on yourself less.Relax, life is short!Appreciate a man who works hard and adores you and everything else will fall in place.It seems like you are playing a mind game with him and that is wrong.I'm sorry to be so harsh but you really need to wake up Sweetie!
You lost me at "popped my cherry"...anyway,no,don't do the Friend thing ,guys hate that.We consider that "C*ck Teasing".Excuse my language.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
education loans