Sunday, December 6, 2009

Is dating really the means to lasting relationships?

Dating is not based in reality. The dating premise is, "Hey, I'm attracted towards you, let's start going out with each other and see what happens." Kind of demented isn't it? I believe dating removes each person from the responsibility of remaining objective and truly caring for the other person. Dating is all about creating romantic environments to woo or impress someone into your heart. It seems the practical side of romance is almost completely removed from thought today. It has been our cultures' mindset to continue defrauding romance with another person. Love is described as, “I’m falling in love!” or “I am madly in love!” Like love is some external force we have control over! Which therefore releases someone of being responsible for his or her actions because love was in control. Therefore, my opinion on dating is not to date because dating is not based in reality. I have given this much thought because I have made many mistakes with our culture's dating mentality.



Is dating really the means to lasting relationships?music myspace





If we were to assume that you would be correct then how would you suggest that people got to know one another. "dating" is one thing..being in an exclusive relationship with someone is another. I believe that someone should see you in bed sick with the flu before you should ever consider marriage. And if you did not date and create those romantic environments then how in the world would you get any romance? Love is not in control we are but sometimes...or rather most of the time when it is a true abiding love, you love that person no matter the circumstance. If the relationship doesn't work out for whatever reason you can still love the person. You create your own reality so if dating isn't for you that is ok. It is your reality but please don't take it out of mine:)



Is dating really the means to lasting relationships?emo myspace myspace.comThe person who gave this answer completely missed the point. Disregard the whining cynical tones from someone who thinks they are wise about relationships. Just lame retroactive relationship statements and no courage to take a stance on the issue implied. Report It


I do not think that dating is based on a lasting relationship. Dating is more like showing interest toward the other partner due to his or her physical beauty and /or personality. Dating is evaluating. Report It


Jump right into the world of cybertub. Internet's leading dating and social networking website. 100% free - http://www.cybertub.com Report It


Yes
Dating is just the interview process in relationships.



It's up to you who you WANT to hire on a full time or part time basis.



I like part time myself which is why I remain single. Boo Yah!
Dating is nothing but stupid men spend their money and time on smarter girls than them.
WOW! That's a heck of a spiel about dating. Most of what you said is true. Dating today is about how much money you have and how good you look. It seems you have put a lot of thought into this. Good Luck with life.
I agree. Look for the book "I Kissed Dating Goodbye" -- you'll feel gratified that the author, a man in his early 20s, really agrees with you.



Maybe I wouldn't have made the bad marriage choice I did if I'd thought more like you at that age.
I see what you mean. And I applaud you. My husband and I technically, did not date. We were friends. We hung out, we chatted on the phone. One time, we went to a music shop all by ourselves, and a couple of times we had coffee alone. Years before we were a couple. All the pretense for dates is funny to me, as well. Dating is awful. People date and date and date, They try to figure one another out in restaurants and bars and on beaches. It is odd. The women are always looking for one thing, and the men another. And seven years after the wedding, I'm not interested in dating my husband--I just want to spend time together. I view dating as a ritual, you keep trying people on until one fits. But it does keep one busy.
Dating means nothing! I dated a guy for years, I didn't really want to marry him, just be with him. Then we were over, met another man, fell so hard and within months, married him... I love that man, although I thought I could live without him, but couldn't... love just happens!
You're very interesting and thoughtful. But, did you know that you can find out a lot about a person before even deciding to go on a date? I personally wouldn't waste my time anymore going on a date if the man were drop-dead gorgeous, brilliant, rich, creative, blah, blah, blah. Learn to read a person's character before you give them a chance with you. Try to get past the physical attractiveness, and discern their inner character. You can do all this just by observing them in their habitat: work, school, social events. I agree with you about people creating artificial romantic scenarios. If he's bringing you candy, roses, leaving love notes on the windshield of your car, he must be Prince Charming, right? A lot of guys know this is what women like, and we do, but it has to come from the heart, and it can't be too much, too soon, because--who knows--he could turn out to be a stalker. So, you're on the right track, just keep using your brains to figure someone out before they get the drop on your heart. It's a jungle out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
education loans