Tuesday, December 29, 2009

What is your opinion on dating?

I was always under the impression that if you were dating someone, it wasn't a relationship and you were free to date other people, as long as you were honest about it (obviously not giving details as to who where and what, but just honest about the status). Now, it seems that dating has turned into this thing where people assume, from the first date, that they and their date are committed to each other, not allowed to see other people.



I am now married, and it wasn't too long ago that I was dating, been with my husband for a total of about 3 1/2 years. Before I met him, I dated. I would go out on different dates with different men (that doesn't mean I was sleeping with them). I thought that this was how we found out what we were looking for. How and when did the status of dating turn into immediate relationship?



What is your opinion on dating?myspace.com widgets





In most country's, it is called courting. That is when you know someone well enough and want to develop a serious relationship with them which will lead to marriage.



With decades of unwed mothers, strains of STD's with no cure on the rise, some people are tyring to reinstate old fashion ways for their own personal health and that of their partners and children.



Communication is necessary if you want to just use someone for sex, or if you are looking for a long term relationship ending with the beginning of a new life together, called marriage.



What is your opinion on dating?hack into myspace myspace.com



i still think dating is dating and unless two people agree to be exclusive, either one can date whoever they want



i think the 'new' way is idiotic too
it is called RESPECT. Do to others as you would have done to you.



If you want to act like you are going out with many, you better be honest and invite your mate.
I agree. I think it changed through generations of going from old fashioned to zooming by the getting to know you part and right on into sex. Forget the courtship and getting to know someone and who's right for you--that's the fun part--but seems it takes too long now--so now everyone's in a hurry to get on with life so they bypass the courting and here we are--hurry up and don't wait--now we're getting a divorce and life goes on! It's just changing life's patterns I guess. Some people do date--I have to say--but isn't it crazy to watch as times change?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
education loans