Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Right dating age?

Hello. I am 14 years old. Ever since the start of 6th grade, girls in my class became the "boy-crazy girls". They instantly started to rant on about boys, make-up, fashion, and dating. Me, on the other hand, couldn't care less. I'd rather be my tomboyish self and play sports and video games. One day I was forced to talk about dating and stuff with my basketball team. Two of the girls were going on dates. I told them that we're only 14 and I thought it was too young to date. They FREAKED out. I said I'd wait until I'm at least 17. Again, they were surprised. I calmly explained to them that 14 was not a good age. First of all, guys aren't that mature yet. Second of all, we have school, sports, friends, and family to worry about...So why add a boyfriend to the list? All the boy-crazy girls now hate me for saying my opinion about that...Which age to do think is the best age to START dating? Sorry for asking this stupid question...



Right dating age?fun myspace.com





It's not a stupid question and you sound like a very mature level headed girl for your age. I agree with you, I didn't start home dating until I was 16 then outside the house dates at 17. I think that was good. Let me say you remind me a lot of myself at your age. You do what is right for you not what all the other people are doing! You will be one of the few of your friends to go far and do good things now and after you graduate! Good luck to you!



Right dating age?cool myspace myspace.com



I would say 16 is fair. You're old enough to make practical decisions.
Hey- good for you! Keep your opinion on that. I wish I had waited till 17 to date! I was 14 when I started and I was waaaaay too young! I'm 18 now and have a great boyfriend! But I wish I had saved myself so much hurt by waiting.
It depends... If ur mature... 14.... if not, probably 17 or 18.... whenever ur ready.....
I think fourteen or fifteen is a perfect age to start DATEing.



Having a boyfriend; start at about thirteen.
When ever you think you are matured to handle both Mental %26amp; physical relationship and pressure.



There is no right age it all depends on the state of mind
you'll know when you feel ready



i was asked out when i was 13, and i said no, because i wasnt ready



and again when i was 14, where i accepted, but i definitely wasnt ready,



and finally again last year, when i was 16, and i feel im ready.



i adore my boyfriend, and i just know that with him, im ready



so maybe its just the right person has to come along, and you're set.



by the way, you're being very mature by not conforming



but i said the same thing as you - i wouldnt date till i was 17, but then he came along, and i broke my rules



its just when you feel ready, not when you set an age
I don't think it's a stupid question at all. The best age you should start to date is around 16-17. Cause your in high school and making new friends.



So good luck,



PLus your right about that 14 years of age is too young.
not a stupid question at all! I guess that i would say around 16. it's a practical age where you pretty much know what you're doing. i actually waited until i was 17 to have a boyfriend and didn't go on any dates before that. but most girls around 14 are boy obsessed. can't change that and they will go on millions of dates. i guess if it's nothing serious it's all right. like group dates, you know? but a bf at that age, i agree with you. there's so much to worry about to add a bf on the list.



the result of the girls hating you for expressing your opinion just goes to show that they are still immature.



keep thinking the way you do!!! stay focused on the things you should!
You are a very smart young girl. Don't change anything you are doing. If you want to be that girl that likes sports and video games, then do that. That's who you are. If you don't want to date, then that's just fine. I think it's best if you wait until you are outside of high school. It's best to just wait until you are in college.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
education loans