Tuesday, December 29, 2009

In the dating world, would you rather go out with a guy who is openly and honestly dating around...?

...or a guy who says you are the only one, but is lying?



I prefer a guy who is open about his polyamorous dating life.



One day I hope to meet someone with whom I can enjoy a deep and lasting one-on-one, but for now, dating around is fun. I am learning so much about myself, other people, relationships, etc.--minus the drama of possessiveness, control, jealousy, cheating, and feigned or enforced monogamy--our cultural norm.



A deeply loving committed monogamous relationship--spiritual marriage--is what I hope for one day. But in the here and now, as I am simply dating and not sleeping with anyone, I feel free to go out with more than one person. So are the men I see. The key is lovingkindess, boundaries, openness, and honesty.



(Guys, feel free to reverse the male-female or gender dynamic. How would you feel if a woman you started dating told you that she is dating ar. until she is ready to commit to a one-on-one? Dating around, not sleeping around.)



In the dating world, would you rather go out with a guy who is openly and honestly dating around...?custom myspace





I answered this question yesterday, and I don't know why my answer isn't showing up. May be it got deleted somehow.



One mistake some ppl often make is 'scanning' the question and making their own assumptions of what it means, or not trying to understand what it means to that person asking, instead of reading the question in its entirety (sp?) and understanding the question before answering.



I would date a guy who is honest. If a man who can be honest about his dating situation, then that's a plus for me. Nothing wrong in exploring, or having many friendships, or many dates. As long as he/she is playing it safe. My step dad had 13 girlfriends before he settled down again and married. He had a girlfriend for every activity he loved to do, and enjoyed it with that gal that also had the same interest. I think my Mom was number 11 or 12. LOL He ended up marrying my Mom which was a blessing all around for me and her. :-) He's an awesome dad! He use to tell me some stories about his dating adventures. He even dated different nationalities and he loved it! People have different interests, and I think it's ok to explore those diverse interest with different people. Makes life more fun that way. :-) Then you can settle down when you are ready and in the meantime, you're having the time of your life, and enjoying many people, learning of their interest, what they know etc.



In the dating world, would you rather go out with a guy who is openly and honestly dating around...?myspace ip myspace.com



Long time since I was in the dating pool but the open guy by a long shot. You know what you're dealing with, and if you want more you know go look for it somewhere else cause he's not.
honesty is always the way to go, whether it's with someone else or just yourself
I wouldn't date him at all -- I don't do open relationships
I prefer an honest person.
I would rather be single. I would want someone who wanted a serious monogomous relationship, so I would rather stay single until that guy comes along. I don't think it is emotionally healthy to date a guy you know is "having fun" or to date someone who you know is lying.
Dating around is fine IF all parties involved KNOW. If your with a guy that says your the only one but not, thats cheating and not right.



Personaly - I want a one-on-one. But I'm a little older and tired of just playing around.
if he's into dating other people and you want to have more than that?



Then I would look for a guy who is willing to be in a TRUE relationship and have it be about you and him and not about him and you and some other girls that he is dating.



You shouldn't have to worry about him dating other girls.



But if anything, I would prefer someone who is honest, than sneaking behind my back while telling me I'm the only one.



GL
If the date is about going out somewhere and having fun, then it would be fine if the guy also saw others. If the date is about intimacy and getting into attachment territory, then I would not date any man who dated others.



And obviously a man who lies to get in one's pants is a jerk.
What's the difference? One guy is openly admitting he wants to date many girls because you are not worthy of his loyalty(playing the field) and that he just wants you for sex. The other guy at least is lying to you because he kind of wants to keep you around incase his other prospects don't fall through. I think the liar in more admirable in this case.
the first scenario



just a tip, dearie: don't write a novel when you post your question. i don't want to spend 1/2 hour just reading the q!!
Did someone just call you dearie?? Anyhow Indie, I think question is far too post modern for the masses. It does indeed debunk the Cinderella story. The essense of what you are asking is a gimme: would you prefer someone to be honest about what they want and of course we all would. If you are asking could you handle that sort of truth from someone you want more from and continue dating them, then it's not for most people (I would venture to guess). So thumbs up for honesty and for anyone with the ability to skate this fine line of dating without strings and expectations.
of course i would rather date the honest one-who wouldn't?
In theory, because I haven't dated.



I prefer honesty. If I was into someone and wanted to be intimate, I would want to be the only one. If that wasn't possible, the honesty would force me to decide one way or the other. I don't think I could share. Do people actually date these days without having sex?



C. :)!!
I would rather date the honest one. Beyond that, I would rather date the honest one if the choice was between that, and a monogamous partner who did not cheat, all other things being equal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
education loans