Sunday, December 6, 2009

Interracial Dating: What doesn't make sense to me is....?

One thing about interracial dating has stumped me for quite some time now. I've noticed among communities and areas that I've been to, that there are many whites marrying hispanics, asians, native amercans, etc. I have nothing against it, but my question is why do people only refer to it being interracial when a White and African american person date? I knew a Caucasion girl that dated Hispanics and Native Americans, but when her family discovered that she was dating an African American, they THEN labeled it "Interracial" Dating, and disapproved her of it. In other words, if it's okay for a caucasion to date an asian, hispanic, Native American, or pacific Islander, why is it at that point Interracial for them to date an African American?



Interracial Dating: What doesn't make sense to me is....?backgrounds for myspace





yeah that does sound pretty stupid ey?



nothing much you can do about it though, i'm all for interracial couples. it's a step toward everyone getting along



Interracial Dating: What doesn't make sense to me is....?myspace games myspace.com



I guess I don't know the people who don't know what interracial dating means.



The people you're talking about sounds like they are prejudice against a specific race, which I think it more common than thinking your own is superior. Those are both forms of racism as long as their judging someone aside from their character, personality and other traits that aren't race specific.



Now I don't think there's anything with acknoledging the many differences between the races as long as you're not trying to "prove" your better than anyone. I think that just makes someone look like a fool.



They're either ignorant, uneducated or just foolish enough to harbor prejudice. Don't worry about the mistakes others make but try to learn from them and don't make them by yourself in the future!
In my thoughts, it's because people see color. They are very visual in respect to their senses. There is a joke. A man thought himself a bigot although he was blind. Little did he know he was black himself.



It's not funny, just meant to show how closed minded people can be. We see things in different fashions; which makes it more difficult to state racial bigotry. Just because you don't like something doesn't make you a racist. What makes you a racist is how you treat those people in different categories.



I am a women and i feel I've had to justify myself my whole life. I grew up amongst men, in a small rural Indiana community. I had to strive to be better than the men just to survive. It was a real pain.



I don't know if it makes it any better for you, I am just as guilty of choosing a race over another. I would never consider dating a Hispanic. But i would and do date blacks and prefer them over white. Why? It's my preference. Does that make me wrong?
It sounds like wherever you are, and the people who live in your area may do and say things that perpetuate the whole entire attitude of racism. It is up to an individual to change the negative,narrow-minded way of looking at things on their own



personal level. At least this is what I believe.



I believe that the word interracial, by its own definition, means JUST that - INTERracial. of, involving, or designed for members of different races. To me this means that ANY couple formed of people who are of different races, in whatever combination are interracial couples. I happen to observe in my travels, that it seems as if mixing of races between any groups of people of color is more acceptable as a whole, where as any relationship between caucasion and any person of color is seen as "different" or "alternative".



Why would that be?? Interracial is just what it is -no more no less.



It is truly unfortunate on your behalf if you do live in an area where people are still so misinformed about the smallest of issues, however it is completely up to you to point that out when given the chance. There is simply no other way to define a relationship between people of different races, if you are forced to define such things.( It is a tragedy that we have adopted the need to classify human beings!)



You can correct people in a non-threatening manner at every opportunity in reference to this. It is our duty to one another to do so - things will never improve if we do not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
education loans